To meet market demand for extreme image quality and resolution, manufacturers of image sensors must produce chips combining high pixel density and extremely low metals contamination. To achieve this balancing act, while maximizing yield and profitability, manufacturers face some difficult technical challenges.
Key fab challenges:
- Achieve high quantum efficiency for red and NIR photons
- Minimize dark current and white pixel defects
- Reduce pixel size
We help image sensor chip manufacturers address these challenges with the industry’s most advanced ion implantation solutions. Our Purion platforms provide:
- Higher beam energies—up to 15 MeV
- Precise angle control with our exclusive Vector™ Control System
- Unmatched low metal contamination levels
Learn about our Purion solutions for High Current, High Energy or Medium Current.