Effective Date: March 1, 2023
- Lawful Basis for the Processing. Generally, we process Personal Data on the basis that the processing is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interest in conducting our business in a manner typical in the US semiconductor and manufacturing industry, having taken into account any risks to your fundamental rights and freedoms (including your right to privacy). We may also process Personal Data on other bases permitted by the GDPR, the UK Data Protection Act 2018, and other applicable laws, such as when the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, where you have provided your consent, when processing is necessary to fulfil a contract (including pre-contractual measures), and when processing is required to fulfill a legal obligation.
- Data Retention. How long we retain Personal Data varies according to the type of data in question and the purpose for which it is used. We delete Personal Data within a reasonable period after we no longer need to use it for the purpose for which it was collected or for any subsequent purpose that is compatible with the original purpose. This does not affect your right to request that we delete your Personal Data before the end of its retention period. We may archive Personal Data (which means storing it in inactive files) for a certain period prior to its final deletion, as part of our ordinary business continuity procedures.
- Categories of Personal Data. The categories of Personal Data that we process are described in the section of the main Privacy Notice entitled “COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA AT AXCELIS.”
- Rights of the Data Subjects under the GDPR.You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data (subject to limitations under the GDPR). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any concerns about our processing of your personal data, please contact us in any of the ways listed in the section entitled “Contacts under the GDPR and German Privacy Law.”:
- Right of Access
- Right to Rectification
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to Erasure Right to Data Portability
- Right to object
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right, at all times, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your place of residence, of work or of the place of suspected infringement, if you consider that the processing of Personal Data concerning them is contrary to the GDPR.
The EU Commission has a list here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
See www.ico.org.uk for information about contacting the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
See www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html for information about contacting the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
- Name of Data Controller and Contact Details.
Axcelis Technologies GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Mary Puma, Andreas Lantenhammer
For questions concerning the processing of Personal Data within the Framework of the GDPR and under German law, please contact:
Dr. Sebastian Kraska, Marienplatz 2, 80331 München, Germany
email: firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone: +49 89-18917360